Friday, August 24, 2012

FIRST RESPONDERS -- SO SAD

Media Reports: Around 8:30PM last night 63 yr old Gilberto Hernandez-Vazquez was found face down in the street. Often seen pushing his Ice-Cream Cart in this neighborhood Gilberto had been shot in the face and died at the hospital a short time later.

==========================================

It is not normal for me to place the media info, such as above, on my posts, but this happened so quickly that this explanation was easier.
 
I said it was "so sad", and it truly was. Not only his death, but the way the neighborhood people were crying and filled with sorrow. One of the children saw him shot and hitting the street. Others had been his "ice cream" friends, both children and adults. Several Hispanic pastors, from a variety of nations and various places in Omaha, arrived. They prayed seriously, sometimes were interpreted, and sometimes weren't, but it sure didn't make any difference. The intensity of their hearts for the sake of Gilberto and the desire that violence be broken was easily understood.
 
I posted recently about being a spiritual "fighter"... and it hit again. I didn't cry, but my heart was filled with their sorrow. I spread my arms around ladies from the neighborhood and laid hands on the heads of the children who had been placed in the circle and prayed over.
 
Gilberto had no family in the U.S., so far as we know. Everyone was in Mexico. Since he was 63 years old it is most likely that he had brothers, sisters, kids, grandkids, etc. I'm sure they will be notified, and how heartbreaking could it not be?
 
We always ask the Lord to reveal the killers... but this time it was extremely focused, because of what happened before the eyes and hearts of the children.
 
Even though it's not recognizable, I'm going to show a photo of one of the crosses. It was made by a child. Wood, cotton on the ends, and a piece of paper tied to the cross with a face drawn and tears falling. That child was filled with sorrow...


 And what did we do? We prayed.


NOTHING ELSE COUNTS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This absolutely breaks my heart..... why would anyone do anything like that? Makes me sick...

Anonymous said...

:( how horrible-

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

This is desperately wicked and highlights the fact that people need the Lord.

ay the Lord have mercy.

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts, and I know God hurts.

Cris Ferreira said...

Jo, I'm touched by the first responders work. What a great way to touch the lives of people that are so vulnerable and in desperate need of support.
Very touching...