Wednesday, May 15, 2013

ISAIAH 25 ... STORM AND SHADOW

I could tell so many, many details and extra stories connected to this... still writing them as part of a book... but wanted to share them to all of you.  It truly was a blessing to be where God wanted me to be at a time I never could have imagined.  Yep, when I write this part of the book, and share it you will laugh and cry right along with what I did that day, from beginning to end.  Hope this will touch hearts, though.
=====================================


A burial occurred out in the Bush beyond Soroti, Uganda. It
was the brother of Rebekah who was being buried.  His sister, Rebekah, became my granddaughter when, a week later, she was "adopted" by our Ugandan son, Sam and his wife, Adhe, our dear daughter

The pastors and others connected to his family had to shift the boy's body up from the Soroti hospital; quite a challenge.  It was a very out-of-the-range location, just a family area of some sort, no true homes.  Believe me, the whole area was filled with poverty.  At this location, the only one who seemed very happy to see a few people was the little goat.

However, the Word of God is the most important part that I hope was dropped into the hearts of those who were attending, helping in this ceremony.  Seed-planting is extremely important.  And our Lord Jesus IS is the Refuge from poverty and the Shadow from heat.  And, even though this was a mid-December burial, the heat was quite high.  

Again, more proof that HE is the Refuge and Shadow.  That is one of my "forever and ever" desires.

Extra photos.  It was quite a day, believe me.   


And the photo I took a week later of my son, Sam, and Rebekah, when my friend Jill and I had taken her to New Hope Uganda.
[AND, just before Dave and I were heading to the airport, after he had come a couple weeks earlier, to pick me 
up and help me home, we had this photo taken with her.  That was February, 2004.  A treat for us.]


Tell Me a Story

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Aww...precious memories.

Floyd said...

Bless you guys and your family for being the heart, hands, and feet for God in the lives of those He so desperately loves. That puts things into perspective...

a joyful noise said...

Sad to bury a child, but so wonderful that Rebecca found a new home with your "son." Thank you for sharing your awesome stories at "Tell Me a True Story."