Monday, November 28, 2016

GAVE INFO TO A FRIEND RE: MULTNOMAH FALLS

     From about 4:45 until about 6:00, I was at a First Responders, which was in a portion of our town re: a murder boy who was 16, and several of us were there to pray for the family and friends.  Unusually, when we got there there were dozens and dozens of people.  I talked to a couple of them and one was a pastor for him and another was a teacher at the high school.  Many, many, many were crying and enjoyed us worshiping and praying for them and hugging and holding them.  Anyhow, now that I'm home I'm trying to put a bit on here.  
     WELL, I had a young friend/"son" drive me home and he'd been here in the Omaha area since he was a kid.  Through First Responders I'd become to know him in about 6 years.  So, since he'd been raised in this area for most of his life ... he's about 42 ...  just last summer he'd been flown to  Portland, Oregon, and he'd also been taken to Multnomah Falls and Mount Hood.  SO, I asked him to come into my house and I could show him some of the photos re: those that I'd been at.  He was here for a few minutes to go to his place, and I dropped a few so he'd smile.  He DID, and he wants to come some other time so he can see more and more of the Multnomah Falls and the Pacific Ocean and portions of Seattle and more of the Columbia River.  So, here's a few of those photos and I'll have to eat dinner and spent time with my husband. 
      So, this is what I've loved even when I was a kid back in the 1950s and several times until 2016.  Love the mountains, love the rivers, and the ocean, and Multnomah Falls, and have many family and friends there, even though I haven't lived there for about 47 years.  Show a bit of what I can.

Multnomah Falls
Mount Rainier
Mount Hood

3 comments:

a joyful noise said...

Joanne you amaze me how you participate in the responder's group as they pray for the families and friends of murder victims. I love your photos too especially the one of the water falls. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

Saleslady371 said...

So glad you were able to make your friend's son smile with those photos. Speaking of photos, yours are lovely. Hugs to you, Joanne!

Unknown said...

That's heartbreaking about the young man. Glad you could be there to help with your friend with the same calling. Keep up the good work, sister.

Those pictures are awesome, Jo. They're so you. And that's awesome too. Praying for you and your ministry.