Tuesday, January 19, 2016

PEACE OF THE LORD ON MY HEART!


       Even though I've shared this photo and Word more than once over this stretch of time as a blogger, today it grabbed me again!  In May, '84, during a very dangerous stretch of my life, I was very sad and very worried re: me and my kids.  A process of divorce then.  Laying in the Psalms was a truly stretch of time in those days.  The Lord had laid a bunch of it on me, and this really said the right Word at the right time.  
       Within several months later, I was thoroughly filled with peace!! I had come back up from Oklahoma to Omaha in September, '84.  Saw friends.  Suddenly,  the Lord had healed my heart in Omaha at 2 churches.  Even though I knew my heart was a challenge, but just sleeping and doing what I could do, even though I got so stressful.  However, I was suddenly in churches with friends -- October, '84 and February, '85 -- and, not understanding what was going on at those churches at those times --- at both places healing was taking place and I had no idea that I was going to be healed.  I was 39 then.  Well, amazingly, the Lord had things dropped onto me.  So, my heart was healed then ... and He'd also done it at a church in summer of '74 when I was 28.  I'm very blessed re: His healing situations for me and millions and billions historically, of course.  I'm a "blessing the Lord" person, strongly! 
       I would have been in Heaven 31 or 41 years ago, or even when I was a kid with serious stuff connected at me strongly.  Now, at 70, it's not my heart issue, but other things.  I keep hearing I'll be in Heaven soon, and day-by-day, for several months now, when praying and worshiping I keep hearing it.  I don't mind being in Heaven, b/c I'd see a lot of people who amazingly had come to the Lord... I've been involved with many people in serious non-God situations and they came to the Lord and, in the not-distant future, were in Heaven.  Anyhow, I'm trusting the Lord for the consequences.  
      OH, and as a little kid, I was taught to be a fighter to protect me and my sisters, and I was an angry kid way back then.  I'm very grateful that the Lord officially broke into my life when I was 20.  I'd known OF Him even when I was very young, but hadn't known if or when it would be possible or important to turn to Him.  I was heading to suicide a couple of years, especially when I was 18 and 19, and because I was very sinful in Seattle.  I'm very grateful that the Lord dropped people into my life and I knew what I should do.  April 15, 1966, at 6:30 in the evening at someone's home in Tacoma that was sharing very straightful at me, I knew this was the right thing to do.  What a blessing!!
      NOW, talking too much at you, etc.  But this verse, and used on the photo taken Dave and I were in Uganda as missionaries, this has always grabbed my heart and my attention.

Tell Me a Story

4 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

I like that Scripture verse also. It is only by God's Spirit that we can do anything whether depart from evil and do good or follow any of His principles. I'm so glad He never gives up on us, Joanne! He is the one who puts churches and believers in our path to encourage us and pray for us!

Saying a prayer for you tonight that you will feel His peace and love and joy!
Big hugs to you.

Unknown said...

Joanne praying you are feeling better today. So glad you got past your circumstances and where you are today. I'm 65 and I want to be here a very long time. I have a 2 yr old and 1 yr old grandson.

Unknown said...

I too am rejuvenated from God's word in Psalm. Hang in there, sister. I'm praying for you.

a joyful noise said...

Let peace by your umpire. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.