Thursday, January 9, 2014

FRANCIS AND ADRIENNE ... FAVOR AND SUCCESS.

 

Here's the story.

Dave and I first met Francis Mugwanya in September, '99, at New Hope Uganda when we were there for our son Sam's wedding.  



When we first met Francis, while staying in the Casebow's house while they happened to be in England, and one of my Ugandan daughters was there playing the guitar, Francis came through the screen door, and plopped onto the floor, and scooted along and grabbed a drum and played it with her.  And Francis and I became laughers.    He always made me grin and we howled together over and over.  He did have a wheelchair, but it sure couldn't very often come in the doors.


When I was at NHU some of the time when over during the Soroti issue, 10 years ago, I never really talked to him.  I sure saw him rushing with his wheelchair and always having a young kid on his lap, "driving" it to another part of the orphanage area, and they were always laughing while he sped around.  And he was so busy I didn't have a chance to be with him. We just waved to each other.

I was amazed when I heard he had married.  Adrienne, from Canada, who was spending some mission time in Uganda, connected with him.  Their baby, Hannah, entered birth much too early, and they were with Adrienne's family in Canada, and the baby remained in the hospital for a time.  I happened to be in the NW, so, we arranged that when and if their daughter would be released, I could hit the road from Tacoma area, cross the border and visit for lunch.  Being with Francis and meeting Adrienne was a real treat.  And holding Hannah was also a a special treat for me.




Their ministry, called "Father's Heart Mobility Ministry",  has developed and gone forward and forward for the sake of people who need wheelchairs.  And it's going around and around.  I hear so many wonderful reports. 

I hope the Word of God, connected to this, will open more and more doors for many more of us, too.  While theirs is very busy, very heavy, it is filled with blessings from many, many people.

[I wrote this late last evening, and this morning, on FB, I saw amazingly that they were having their 4th anniversary.  All I could do was rejoice and LAUGH!  Yesterday, my goal was simply to put them on the photo and the Word.  WELL, I expanded and expanded.  I hope more people know more and more about Francis and Adrienne.  They ain't always, only in Uganda, the US, or Canada.  Spreading around.  And blessing many. -- And, you'd LOVE to see the photos they posted for us today, so just check it out on FB.]




SUNDAY STILLNESS

 
Tell Me a Story
 

4 comments:

Linda Stoll said...

Love seeing you with that sweet baby. Glowing with love, you are!

;-}

Floyd said...

You have the absolute best stories! They always reveal so much about your worthy heart, sister. Great stuff...

Unknown said...

Dear Joanne
Oh, Hannah is just the cutest little angel. I also have wonderful news, dear friend. My Simon, my oldest son, got engaged on Christmas Day with the most wonderful girl and they want to get married in April. You can just imagine how I can already see my grandchildren frolicking all around the house!
Blessings XX
Mia

a joyful noise said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us here at Tell me a Story. What a blessing this smiling face has been to be active in the ministry even though bound to a wheel chair.