Sunday, January 26, 2014

PAYTON'S MEMORIAL



On Thursday, January 24th, the Memorial Service was held at Clair Memorial United Methodist Church about a mile from my house.  The church was filled with people from various locations and filled with blessing from Reverend Portia A. Cavitt, and a number of other pastors or elders or leaders from a variety of churches and a very heart-blessing choir and musicians.  It was truly a rejoicing time.  Many people stood forward and worshiped the Lord.

Payton's mother, Tabitha, spoke for a short time, but shared much appreciation.

It was a blessing for me to see people I'd missed for some time.  We ended up giving hugs and trying to arrange to get together again.  One of the ladies has indicated she'd been at First Responders three times, but I don't think we'd met there.  The day after Payton's death, and a couple hundred people met outside for the family and friends,  Trudie reached out to me that time.  She said she was excited when I got out of my car, she having pulled up behind me on the street, because she loved my license plate. 



 Then, at the church, a week later, she was happy to see me and introduced me to a friend she had brought.  They want to get together with me some time.  That's just one example.


Another blessing.  I was sitting across from Trudie and her friend, Kay, in the eating area, filled with so many people. Suddenly Tabitha was sitting next to me. I was so surprised and filled with joy.  I had a bit earlier given her two prayer shawls, donated by a group connected to First Responders.  Tabitha said the prayer shawl for Payton would be put in with her special gifts, since she had been cremated. 



And Tabitha would keep her prayer shawl very happily and gratefully.  In the process, Trudie took a photo of us. I was so blessed to be with Tabitha.  AND would truly love to spend more time with her.



I saw and met so many wonderful people, heard so many wonderful stories about Payton, and I saw so many of her family and friends that had truly lived with the Lord.  

Payton's one of the dear ones I hope to see in heaven when I get there.

[Have I shared this perfectly?  No.  Have I written it perfectly?  No!  But has it been heavily on my heart since the murder of Payton occurred on January 15th?  YES!!]
Tell Me a Story
 

2 comments:

a joyful noise said...

An innocent child accidently murdered is a sad story, but the joy in remembering her life and those touched in a God moment will live on. Thank you for sharing with us here at "Tell me a Story."

Floyd said...

May God continue to bless your heart and ministry, sister...