Wednesday, August 14, 2013

HEBREWS 13... GLORY


WHILE IN SOROTI, AND AT THIS LARGE TENT WITH HUNDREDS OF KIDS IN IT, I HAD THE BLESSING OF WALKING THROUGH AND AROUND THEM AND JUST OFFERING PRAYER AND PRAISE TO THEM.  IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST WONDERFUL TIMES I HAD WITH THEM.  PARTLY BECAUSE A FEW DAYS LATER THE INTERVIEWING BEGAN AND MY CRYING INCREASED AS I HEARD MORE AND MORE OF THE PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, AND FAMILY LOSSES THEY HAD IN THEIR LIVES AT THAT TIME.

I SO WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE AGAIN, TO GO OUT AND ABOUT AND SEE THE ONES ON MY HEART.  
HERE ARE A FEW OF THOSE PHOTOS TAKEN THAT DAY 
THAT SO DEEPLY TOUCHED ME.
AND, YES, NEARLY 10 YEARS LATER, 
THEY ARE STILL IN MY HEART.





AND THIS IS THE ONLY [OF MANY TAKEN] THAT MADE ME SMILE WHEN PRAYER WAS TAKING PLACE.


AND THIS WAS MY PARTNER, NOW MY FRIEND, MY SISTER.
AND SHE IS STILL WORKING/MINISTERING IN UGANDA.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Deat CaryJo
Litlle children have this way of creeping deep into our hearts ans staying there forever. Wish you could go again!
Blessings XX
Mia

Patricia said...

What awesome experiences you've had, Joanne. Thank you for sharing them with the rest of us. God is good.

Carrie said...

So powerful! Look at those beautiful faces. Be still my heart.

HisFireFly said...

the images have an eternal home in your heart
just as you have your home in Him

oh, when the African dirt gets under your skin....

Cheri said...

I worked with the refugees from Viet Nam as they came to America years and years ago. I know what you mean as you say those you ministered to live in your heart today. Names have been lost in time but the faces, laughter and moments never leave us. I'm glad about that!

seespeakhearmama.wordpress.com said...

Love the images. It's clear they have impacted your life..and now, in the sharing of this post...the lives of others. Beautiful.

KalleyC | bloggingwhilenursing said...

I just love the images, and I love the work that you did Uganda. It is hard to go to out and listen to their stories (I'm sure many of them were tragic and sad), but it is a comfort to know that there was someone on the receiving end who heard and understood where they were coming from. I hope you have a great week!

Alison said...

Grateful to God for how He used you to minister to those children, Cary Jo! It's a high calling, and I definitely understand why you want to go back. This is your calling, your mission field!