Wednesday, February 13, 2013

PSALM 141:3



I was seeking a door to show this verse, because my mouth is a constant battle and I often hope the door of my lips will remain closed, before I embarrass or hurt someone.  I looked at the photos from a various number of my traveling locations.  Saw many lovely doors in many countries, states, homes.  However, couldn't see a door that would reveal it the truthful way.

Then I saw this.  During our tourism, we were leaving the Tower of London.  While on a boat on the Thames, taking this photo, that sign placed right at the top of the river has always been a toucher.  What does it say? 

 "Enter To The Traitor's Gate."

This gate was built in the 1200s.  For several hundred years, that is how the Kings, wanting to maintain their power, ordered that the prisoners -- usually monarchs, political or military leaders -- be swept to the Tower to be kept either forever or to be executed.  The prisoner, whether truly accused or not, while entering that gate was labeled "traitor".

When I saw this today, I realized that when I open my mouth and spew hard and harsh comments out through my lips, I can be a labeled as a traitor.  If I orally storm outside of the love, joy, peace, self-control, and good-straightforwardness of my King, I am a traitor to Him. 

So Psalm 141:3 truly is my desire, a prayer through my heart, soul, and spirit:

  Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; 
keep the door of my lips.    

PLEASE!

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

This is one of my favorites. Good job!!!

Linda said...

A perfect picture Joanne. I often whisper that verse first thing in the morning.

Happy Valentine's Day sweet lady.

Floyd said...

Your not alone in this tendency... I too need to hold my tongue and mind. It is made to honor God and it comes from the heart. Seeking Him to clean from the inside out...