Thursday, February 21, 2013

DAVE

My husband is on my heart more and more, because he is so helpful and kind to me.  When I fell early yesterday morning and hit the floor, hurt and screaming, he immediately rushed through the house to help me any possible way. He's a truly caring and loving man.

I am sure I posted this poem before, but it touched me again today.

Originally, I wrote it during the first week of October, 2001, when I was on a depression stage of life after 9/11 and camping at the North Shore to come to God's emotional healing, which, miraculously, did occur. 

So sharing it with you, again.
======================
  "You hug your husband, and
Tell him you appreciate him,"
Steve, the wise one, said.

I did -- and I do.

"I'm sending you my representative,"
Abba said to me,
Those years ago.

And in the season of robins and lilacs,
He bounced through my door --
One of a group.

For some reason, I noticed.
And weeks later, we noticed --
And then we got married.
[Just about that fast -- 
and that shocking --
and scary!!]

[Because the world would never have put us together,
but Abba did.]

He was not who I expected --
I was a surprise to him.
[I still am sometimes, I think.]

But if I know nothing else in this life
to be true,
I know my Abba sent His representative.
==============

A bit of extra info.  The "Steve" is my son, and, as I was preparing to head 600 miles away from home to deal with fear and depression, he wanted me to consider Dave's heartache when I would be gone.  My son was realistic.  Dave, however, knew this was a trip God was sending me on, so he wasn't breaking down or afraid.  He knew I needed healing and that that location would be a good one for it. 

While up there without him, talking to him once a day on a public phone in the Tettagouche Camp center, he continued to encourage me.

This poem poured into my heart as a result.

It truly is my Dave.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

What a kind looking man. You are so blessed!

S. Etole said...

Really like this picture of Dave.

Floyd said...

God blessed you with a great soul mate and friend. He's a great man. I've never met him, but I know him; he's my brother. A man with that kind of talent and humility is a man of God indeed. Great tribute and heart for your husband...