Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MY "SOLID" NEW YEAR [REVELATION] RESOLUTION



PSALM 40:2-3 [LB]

He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.

USUALLY, verse 1 is used and shared.  However, it wouldn't have been "me"...  Waiting patientlyExpectantly for the Lord?  NAH!  I was headed towards death in my late teens,  through violence, alcoholism, or suicide.  Certainly didn't expect Him to turn my life around, as I knew it should be; I knew I was a big-time failure.  I was extremely disgusted at what and who I was and extremely buried in depression.

SO, that's the beginning.  Now I'll move along re: these other verses, especially that last portion of verse 3.  Because I am on the solid ground of God [Vs. 2], my hope in life is that folks who know me -- whether long-time past or short-time present -- will see or hear what He did, and will be amazed and will put their trust in Him. Nothing could be a greater blessing for me.

How do I share?  Well, in our present-day world, I blog, FB, email, grocery shop, mall-wander, walk around and about neighborhoods, drive hundreds [or thousands] of miles and stop at rest areas or tourist places. Through those, many will hear of the glorious things He did for me, and stand in awe before the Lord, and, as that verse says, will put their trust in Him.

 I often say to people, "If He could save me, He can save anyone.Within me, an angry young person, groaning, moaning and fighting, He planted seed, in spite of the fact that the ground around me was dry and hard and harsh and filled with poison.   He overwhelmed it.  The seeds -- friends, acquaintances, passersby, teachers, co-workers, even books and movies -- were planted, then surrounded and protected by the Love of God.

I still struggle with the fact that, even though saved, I ain't perfect enough to bring more and more glory to Him.  However, I also desire deep within me that God can/may/will use me in any way possible to be a seed planted in others.

If nothing else, I will share "songs" of worship and praise [in my heart, not necessarily out of my mouth] -- while touching, hugging, or encouraging those who happen to be in dry, hard, harsh, poisoned ground.

HE "revealed" this today to me [again] through His Word ... and, although titled that way, it is not a New Year, but a Forever Resolution.

[Going to a First Responders murder site late this afternoon.  Scripturally and spiritually, we will clear the blood from the land and plant any seeds possible.  The plants may not burst from the ground in lovely flowers or healthy vegetables for a long time, but, as proven in my life, I believe they WILL!!]

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So love your heart friend. Praying that God will continue to use to plant seeds in every place He takes you. You're such a blessing! Love & hugs!