Thursday, January 20, 2011

URGENT CARE... AND MIRACLE

Oh, how I wish I had a photo of Eh, mentioned later. But, it just didn't happen. I may pop it in some other time, as she is in the ESL class I help with. But, overall, we simply don't know when and how God is going to both use us, and bless us. Here's what I wrote in an email to Susie, as a BTW sort of comment. SHE encouraged me to drop it out in the world.
=================
OH, I did have one miraculous experience today. I was asked to take a Karen [Burmese] lady to Urgent care clinic. She has been here 1-1/2 years but doesn't speak English very well at all, so I was really concerned about how we could get the symptoms described, etc. We'd been in the office for a few minutes, and I was trying to fill out the office forms for her, and we were struggling our way through them -- and just laughing a lot to keep the frustration level at zero.

Suddenly, a small family came in. It was obvious that the toddler had a fever as his cheeks were rosy and his eyes a bit glazed. Eh and the other lady looked at each other and greeted happily and talked a bit -- in Karen, not English.

When I had a chance to talk to her, because Eh said the friend knew English, it turned out that this new lady has been in our area for 6 years, came with the first Burmese group, and her job is an interpreter.

How amazing! She was able to interpret for the nurse, the P.A., and everything was described and explained from both sides. [Sorry to be so blunt, but the final diagnosis was bleeding hemorrhoids caused by constipation since her little one was born 4 months ago. Now how could I have possibly dug my way through that with no interpretation?] And the other gal, whose name I never learned, just popped back and forth between the room where her husband and little boy were and where Eh and I were. God provided such a gracious and kind gift. When I left there with Eh to drive her home, which is not far from my home, I rejoiced all the way, because of the kindness of the Lord in helping in this intimate and intense way.
==============
Another miraculous part: The interpreter and her family live about 1/2 mile from the Urgent Care center I chose. There were other options, even suggested by others, but I decided this was the one that was most practical for us. If I hadn't made that choice/decision, the interpreter wouldn't have been available. [Unless God provided another miracle, of course...but, still this whole experience was amazing. I'm still grinning when I think of it.]

No comments: