Monday, September 12, 2016

FIRST RESPONDERS!!

       It's amazing for me, that the Lord dropped it into me July 8, '08.  I had thought of being at the murder sites and helping people and praying for them.  I've known some of them for a long time.  
       Since a lady at the hospital had checked me on December 12, '15, she had indicated I could could not ever drive again.  I'm upset, to say the least.  I couldn't go to the First Responders in December as a driver.  My husband drove me a few times, and in the winter it was filled with snow and ice and lots of coldness.  Dave couldn't always do it, b/c he's working at churches and giving piano students around town.  The blessing is that a lady where her home is about 5 street areas from here, she indicated she wanted to pick me up.  She has done it for about 2 months now.
       Last Tuesday we had 2 situations.  We went to one place first and it was a special place.  A 29 year old guy had been shot twice at a party time and when in the hospital, a couple days later he died.  The family and friends came to us when standing at the home of his mom.  Well, his sister and grandma were within a block of that home.  We did a lot of praying and ministering to the family and friends.  Eventually, all the men were on one side of the street and all of the women were on the sidewalk by the home.  We all were holding and praying to and for them.
       After that, we went to another portion of this side of town about 2 miles from where we were.  No family or friends were there on that alley time, and we did the praying.  But, when a few police were there with us, we prayed for them and thanked them.
       Anyhow, last Friday evening, when my husband was home and free, I told him to drive to that location where the family homes were.  It's about a 1-1/2 miles from our home.  When we went, I saw a wonderful family piece put right by the street near his mom's home.  I'd sure love to meet more of the family!  They were wonderful!!!

          Whenever I can, I'll go!!!  Dealing with the murders is very strongly in my heart!!    SO, here's the picture.  AND another one of me a couple years ago when my husband was with me in summer and it was in a distant portion of our town.  He took a picture.  I'm smiling to share this to you!

 

2 comments:

a joyful noise said...

I know the families appreciated you being there, and it breaks your heart when you can't go as before. There are times though when someone takes you and that is a blessing. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

Unknown said...

What and example you are! The desire of your heart is to help and share the Word of God with others. I can't think of anything in this life more honoring to our Father than that. Bless you, sister. I'm praying for you.