Wednesday, September 25, 2013

LIGHT AND JOY




This photo taken during the summer of '05 by my friend, Jill, met in Uganda who lives there and is from England.  The photo was taken by Susan's home.  A treat to see this again.

Jill is working at the New Hope Uganda orphanage where Dave and I had lived in the mid-'90s. She didn't arrive until around 2000, so we didn't know her then. I met her in November, '03, at New Hope when God had called me to visit my family there and to eventually head north to Soroti to serve the Lord and do whatever He asked me to do. 

Just as I was preparing to head north, early December, she told the leaders of the orphanage that she felt she was supposed to go up with me, to help.  I've told many of those stories on my blog, much connected to the book I'm writing.  We worked hard and we worked together.  I returned home in February, '04.  
 
When she could come to the States in June, '05, and could stay with us and have me take her all over the western part of our nation, she took piles of photos.  SHE'S GOOD!!   She's been here with us 3 times for about 6 weeks each time, and we've always had a blast.  And we certainly always take her up to Susan's, because they became wonderful friends.  What a treat!

While in Soroti, December, '03.  Working together.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

A celebration of friendship! God chooses our friends with care. It's up to us to treasure His gifts.

S. Etole said...

Hope it won't be long before she can come for another visit.

Floyd said...

How cool! Sisters... put together by the hand of our Father. You're a good seed, Joanne.