Thursday, July 11, 2013

SEATTLE'S GOOD AND CHALLENGING



    While on a ferry, this is one of my favorite views of Seattle.  So excited to see the sky scrapers and the Space Needle.  The Space Needle was built in 1962; I arrived in Seattle in Mar, 1964, and walked to and from that area and went up the Needle.  I was 18 the first time.
 
The ferris wheel is new, and draws a lot of attention on the waterfront.  I don't have the courage to go on it.  But looks like fun.

   On Monday, July 8th, we went over from Bremerton and had a great ferry ride.

   Then we went to Space Needle.  The "we" was my daughter, my granddaughters, and me.  The boys had stayed in Bremerton for a couple hours to go to the Navy museum, etc.  They arrived on the waterfront later.

   The problem of the day, in spite of lots of rejoicing, was me.  I was in significant pain of my abdominal area.  I would have to bend over, even when walking.  I could hardly breathe, because of the pain.  So, instead of staying in Seattle for another couple hours and playing, we had to hit the ferry again and head for Tacoma.

   I've been told that we will go to Seattle again next week.  Later that night, in Vancouver, WA, area, I ended up in ER about 11:30.  Was released about 2:30.  Had a signficant bladder infection.  Now, through a variety of pills, etc., I am coming to a place of healing.

   All that to say... it was a blessing to be in Seattle, a blessing to be with my family, a blessing to have non-cloudy times from the Space Needle and able to see Mt.Rainier and some of the Olympic Mts.

 
HOW COULD I COMPLAIN ANY TIME?  OR WHINE???  UH-UH!!!  LOVE IT SO MUCH!
 
WILL SEE IT NEXT WEEK... AND REJOICE!



 [The computer stuff I'm using/doing ain't easy.  I'd love to show more, do more, but can't until I'm home in a couple more weeks and have access to my own computer aspect and photos, etc.  Please put up with me!]



1 comment:

Gayle said...

I'm hoping you are resting and letting your body heal!