Monday, July 14, 2014


During the past 4 months, I have been involved with the birth time of a new baby boy.  As I've done a few times in the past 3 years, I go to one of our hospital areas and, with them connected from their family friends to a Dr. who is wonderful, just help them adjust and be encouraged.  I actually had no idea this was going to be dropped back into my life, since I hadn't been heavily involved with the baby birth time for nearly 1-1/2 years.  But I was asked again and I DID!!

Well, we did well while moving forward.  Originally, we were told that the birth time would be July 22.  Two weeks ago, since I had missed them twice that week during their Dr. time,  because I was at my own doctor because of my body situation, the dad, Nim, on Sunday, the 6th, told me it had been changed to July 16.  I was a little surprised, to say the least.

Last Monday, the 7th, we had our next meeting time, and as soon as Dr. B. had checked Aita, she said to us, "Come tomorrow and check in.  The little boy will come soon."  I was absolutely shocked and needed to adjust my whole thinking portion.  Other things on my plate that next couple days had to disappear.  Including my birthday on the 9th.  What a surprise, as I said before.

Tuesday afternoon I took Aita to the hospital and got her checked in.  Her sis-in-law came, also, who is a good translator.  Nim couldn't be there, because he happened to be taking a job interview at that time.  Anyhow, things just go on the process.

Tuesday night I slept on a couch in the room, but hardly ever had a consistent rest.  Too much medical noise and lights, etc.  Wednesday, I had another appointment for one of my other dear ones with the same doctor, right around noon.  After that was done, I went to lunch with a friend from church who wanted to give me a birthday lunch gift.  Then I was back at the hospital about 3.

That night, just as I was resting a bit, the birth instance suddenly came to pass about 11:00.  Since I'd been in this situation before, I knew we needed to move all the chairs and everything else into one portion of the room.  Then the nurses wouldn't have to do that part of the job.  They had lots of their own stuff to do to prep.  And it was coming quickly.

About 11:30, Dr. B. arrived.  Delivery issue began at 11:45, and, if the little boy had come quickly, it would have been my biggest birthday gift ever.  BUT it was 12:30-ish when Ashita came. 

The amazing thing, regarding me, is that until I had become  66 three years ago, and was dropped into helping in early August, I would never have done anything like this and never wanted to see directly when a baby would be born -- including my kids and grandkids.  Hugging quickly after, YES!  However, this time, in the past 3 years, holding, helping, and doing whatever the nurses and Dr. asked me to do, was my God-job, because things needed to be done during the baby's arrival.  And that is a whole new world for me.  And I've loved it!!!

Anyhow, I headed home at 1:30 and, since it took a little while for my exploding nerves to relax, I didn't get to bed until 3:00.  It took a couple days, basically until yesterday, for me to feel I am fine and not thoroughly exhausted.  Next 2 months I'll be in the same situation again, TWICE.  THEN, in early September, I'll take a break for a couple days, maybe drive outside of town to K.C. or OKC or Lincoln and be with a friend and just relax.  I LOVE what I'm doing that God is telling me to do.  That's the important part.

So, just couldn't NOT send this around and about to my blog friends and my dear ones.

And I happened to be rushing up to their place just as they had come home.  I. loved. it. and. them!!!

Our wonderful heavenly Father that truly helped this event.

Tell Me a Story

1 comment:

Hazel Moon said...

What a blessing you are to pitch in and help even on short notice. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”