Monday, July 28, 2014


I had no idea, when I woke up at 7:30 yesterday morning, that my day was going be filled with joy, after joy, after joy, and a busy, busy day. Sorry this is so long, but my day was, too.  AND will fill YOU with joy, too!

1)  I went to our church and carried about 18 of my books to give and/or sell to people there.  I had just received 100 of the books on Wednesday from Amazon.  The books weren't entirely cheap, so having them purchased some of the time was helpful.  Well, besides my usual joyful time during worship, this other piece was amazing, too.  I was able to "gift" a few away, in necessary situations.  Also, several were purchased.  I left for home with only 3 in my backpack.  That was a rejoiceful time.

2)  When I got home, I suddenly thought that I needed to contact one of our church friends I hadn't seen for a couple months.  She lived about 20 miles out of town.  And she is a significant nurse teacher.  I knew she was very busy. When I called her, to offer to drive to her house and drop off the 4 books.  She had said a long time ago that, when published, that's what she wanted.  WELL, she said she was leaving to the airport in just a couple hours.  I said, "WHERE???"  And she said, "I'll be landing in the Seattle airport."  I said, "WHAT??? Near where my family is?  What are you doing?"  Well, she described that for a couple months she had been back and forth from Omaha to Tacoma to teach.  I exploded.  "TACOMA?  Where I was raised, where my sisters and others are.  Why didn't you tell me about this???"  She said that she had never known where I had been as a kid. And she loved Mount Rainier, too.  I'm a "mountain" addict.
One of my sisters had suggested a couple weeks ago that, when I get the books I should send her several and she could get them to people and send me the money.  I planned to mail about 10, but with the mailing cost it could be less than comfortable.  When I found out that Lisa was going out for another week, and she was wanting her books before she left and would come by my house, not far from the Omaha airport, I asked if she could take the books out and give them to Betty and it would make it easier for all of us.  Lisa was very happy to do it. I had signed and commented on all the books, I put them in a backpack, and Lisa came by and she happily took them.  And she grinned and said she'd be reading the book on the plane and she could hardly wait.  In Tacoma, she'll be in touch with my sisters and others.  What a treat! 

3) THEN, late in the afternoon, we went to a friend's home, another part of town, and we hadn't been there for a couple years, because Dan and Steph and Dave and I kept getting involved with so much else.  It was a dinner time, us and a few more coming, and, other than eating, we were worshiping, praying, sharing the Word.  

I was overwhelmed with a "WOW!!!".  A man came, who I didn't know, but when he saw me he said that I had been teaching about spiritual mapping some years ago and he liked it. Oh, MY!!  YES, I had taught much about it.  Some people were filled with intention to go that way.  Some weren't, of course. I told him I  still have books, a cabinet with hundreds of files regarding the spiritual background of our nation and many others in our world.
Then a lady came in and said she was so happy to see me, because it had been so long.  I didn't recognize her and couldn't remember the pieces of info she was dropping in about how we were together about a dozen years ago.  When I was leaving, she hugged me, kissed my cheek, and said, "Oh, MOM!!"   When we left, Dave indicated something, and I suddenly knew who she was and how we had been together about a dozen years ago.  We definitely will be getting back together.

Before I was leaving, I was also asked to sit in the center prayer chair.  They laid hands on me and prayed for my "Annie" book. They all bought one, and a couple paid more than I would have anticipated.  

4)  Just as I reached home, I there was a voice message on our home phone.  We reached home about 8:30.  A couple hours earlier, one of my Bhutanese gals, whose baby was due on August 22nd, had been taken to the hospital, because her back and other aspects indicated the baby was coming.  I got to the hospital about 45 minutes later.  I had had to change my clothes and put things together, assuming I might be at the hospital for a couple days.  

When I got there, it was indicated the baby might arrive by midnight.  WOW!  I just sat next to her and held her hand.  Her husband was around and about and doing anything he could.  His mom was there also.  As the evening increased they were able to sleep.  I could not.  I sat and held her, helped the nurses and did whatever I could.  NEVER having been a medical person or helper, the baby situations in the past 3 years have opened another whole different portion of my life.  

About 2 AM, the nurses determined that the baby was in a difficult situation.  His head was UP, his legs were DOWN. 
So, instead of the baby being naturally born, a C-Section was necessary.  I have never, ever been in a surgery portion, but I was asked to be the one in that room when the surgery was in place.  I ended up sitting by Suk's head and holding her hand.  That's all I could do.  At 3:39 the baby was officially born and he was having a bit of difficulty in breathing, but about 1/2 hour later he was doing much better.  At 4:45, she was entering her room.  The little one could not be there, for a bit of time and I didn't see him out of the baby nursing room.

At 5:00 I arranged to head for home, and going around and about the hospital, etc., I got home at 5:30.  I was in bed at 5:45, and asleep at 6:00.  Slept off and on until 10:00 AM today.

WHAT A DAY YESTERDAY!!!  Filled with blessings, filled with work, filled with helping the Lord and filled with joy.  And most of it is not coming to conclusions for that day, but will be opening more and more further and for the future. 

 Book, Baby, Blessings, and Blessings, and Blessings.
Now, TODAY!! Still tired, but filled with joy!
Tell Me a Story


Hazel Moon said...

I am glad you are able to sell some of your books as I know they are expensive to have printed. I too gave away many of mine but it was nice to cover a portion of cost when someone would purchase a copy. What a joy to help with a new baby. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” At:

Jason Stasyszen said...

Wow, that's what I call an abundance! What blessings Father showered on you, Joanne. Great testimony and so encouraging. Thank you.