Monday, June 24, 2013

MERCIFUL TO ME... LUKE 18



I was a horrific sinner then.  Had fallen into it very strongly just a year earlier, March, 1964, when alone in Seattle -- no family or friends -- and pulled into groups that were filled with sinful activities.  Didn't always like it,
 but didn't know how to get out.  

When visiting Susie that weekend, she didn't know all about it, just some.  And even with that small bit she knew, she was very concerned about me. As I've said, I lived in Seattle, but she in Portland, at this time.  The visit was just shy of two years after our high school graduation
 together in Klickitat, WA, in May, 1963.

In March, 1966, my Heavenly Father began to break into my life, break through my sinful walls, pull me out of depression and frequently-considered suicide.  A month later, I realized the Truth and repented and received salvation 
through Him ... His heart and His Blood.  
April 15, 1966, is my official spiritual birthday.

Today, this Word from Luke 18:13 was dropped into my heart, and this picture dropped in, too.

I'm very grateful that, through Him, life has changed.  I'm also very grateful for those God placed in my life 
to encourage me to step out of filth and addiction
 and into a cleansed and cleansing World.

HALLELUJAH!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed. Praise the Lord! Dina (causerie.typepad.com)

Floyd said...

I love that story of redemption... He loved us even when we weren't lovable... Amen... That's a great picture!

Janis Van Keuren said...

What a beautiful story of God's work in your life! It encourages those of us who have family members who are not walking with the Lord even though they were raised in Him.
Thank you for stopping by so that I could read your story and see your beautiful photos.
Blessings,
Janis