Sunday, February 24, 2013

RIPPLING -- AGAIN

I posted this in November, 2010.  My heart has been very heavy tonight with life-changing and "where do I fit in?" and "what can I do?" -- questions pouring through me.  As re-posting the original Ripple tonight, I've re-adjusted a fair amount of it, but, overall, it's the same process.   And, as I say in it, my husband ain't perfect.  But, to me, he's an example of what "Rippling" can do.  

I was sharing some of these details with my blog-brother, Floyd, yesterday.  I told him that I'm planning to write about spiritual seed planting ... and will do so in the next few days.  

And THIS is a seed of that seed.
 ----------------------------------------------- 
 
I am often buried in Revelation, my main Scriptural intense focus.  When the Lord drops a Book onto my plate, usually it means I must read the Book over and over until then He moves me on.  I've read Revelation about 7 times this month, plus reading a commentary book.

In that Revelation commentary book, someone had asked the author why the judgment for people who died didn't occur immediately upon their arrival to the Lord. His answer was that just because the person was now gone from the earth, the continued effects of their life could go on for quite a long time  -- who they loved, who they blessed, how they served the Lord.  Or, sadly, the opposite.

In the process, I thought of my husband. [No, he ain't perfect, I guess... but I hardly ever see him as anything but a huge blessing.] He's a quiet man, but servant-hearted and giving-oriented.  He can do almost any home-oriented remodeling and refinishing tasks, painting and electrical needs, which certainly comes in handy for our home and others. 

He will re-build and fix computers [and give them away].  On top of that, he's a wonderful musician. He thoroughly enjoys teaching others [especially piano and computer]. 


He's done all of these "jobs" in our homes, neighborhoods, town, other states, and in Uganda and Costa Rica.
 
When he dies, which I hope won't be any time soon, his effect will linger. The youngest of his present piano students, for instance, is 7 years old. He began with her when she was 5. He has about a dozen students, from young to adult, and loves working with them. 
To have more and more would be a huge blessing to him. In more than 20 years, he's had many, many students, one who now is a worship pastor, others who are worship leaders, or on worship teams, or teaching others.

Piano students love him. He's patient, creative, flexible, and warm; he hasn't scared any of them. Most of them move forward quickly because they want to please him. My assessment: Dave will "ripple" for a long time.

When I think of the ripple effect our lives have, it makes me stop and take a look at where I'm headed, what I'm doing, what my attitude is, and how I need to assess and reassess the questionable points. Doesn't mean I expect the Lord to keep nailing me for errors, but that He'll touch my heart, tap my shoulder, and keep me moving in the right direction.

And, oh, yes, I want to ripple, for a long time, in a good way,  and bring more and more blessings to the Lord.
Tell Me a Story

4 comments:

Ruthie H. said...

I loved this post and love this concept of the "ripple effect." I know I have been greatly and positively influenced by many and their "ripples" in my life and I desire to be the same for others. This makes me think of something I read awhile back. We are always doing one of two things - either drawing people to Christ or pushing them away and if our ripple is doing the former, it is so good. The amazing thing about ripples, is that we just don't know who or how many they will touch - only God does. Thank you, Joanne, for being a "ripple" of blessing and encouragement in my life!

Nina said...

Thank you for encouragement ... Setting an example of letting being used by God, with a humble very large heart, Blessings to both of you!

Floyd said...

I know Dave is an exceptional man used of God and his life leaves ripples never ending, but you are the perfect match for him and leave beautiful ripples in your own right. God bless you two.

a joyful noise said...

You have written several books, and they will continue to ripple as people read them. Your blog posts are another ripple in time. Your creative productions are also rippling. We wonder how far the ripples will go, Hopefully for a long while.