Sunday, February 17, 2013

G-GIRL BAPTISMS... AMEN!!!


What a blessed morning we had.  Reached Stonebridge Church here in Omaha right before 11:30 and, when walking in, saw my daughter, my grandkids [the girls and others], the girls' friends and some of our family friends arriving.  A pile of neat people.

The baptism began just a few minutes after the service started.  One worship song, announcement time, and then the baptism occurred during worship song #2.  It was wonderful.  Six girls, three of ours, one from another family, and two from another, and all baptized by family or friends.  WOW!  Never seen it quite that flexible.

However, here're the photos.  The Twins, Makayla and Miranda, are 15; Juliana is 10.   [The photos are not good enough, because the action went faster than my camera. "Beautifulness" doesn't count; the watery event DOES.]




Dave and I and all the church attenders ... a few hundred ... rejoiced, clapping, and hollering happily, and glorifying the Lord.

Did I pray publicly?  Of course not Did I pray in my heart?  Yes.  Several times. -- This morning before our attendance, during our time there, and after heading home.  And this is what, basically, is my prayer for them:

Father, in the Name of Jesus, I lift up to you 3 of my dear ones.  And I thank you that their hearts are turning more and more in Your direction.

I ask you, Father, to show them what the spiritual gifts of their lives are, that they will come to understand the joyfulness of serving you.

Bless their parents, their step-parents, and family friends, such as Dick, who baptized them, and others who are being placed in their lives to help them grow stronger
 and more solidly in You.

Finally, Dear Lord, now and forever,
 I bless You for Your presence 
in their lives.  

Amen.

6 comments:

Floyd said...

What a blessing to be able to see your granddaughters be baptized... It doesn't get much better in this life does it? Your prayers are being answered in the lives that your helping shape. Your legacy is in the lives of those beautiful girls.
Awesome prayer, my friend. I prayed it over mine as well. Thanks. God bless you and your entire family... God's smiling on you...

Gayle said...

Amen! They are darling girls and it is such a blessing isn't it? The best!
All of your comments finally came through all in one bunch today. I updated Discus so perhaps I fixed whatever was wrong. I hate tech stuff! The shooting at Mt. Rainer of the ranger was near the entrance at Eatonville. It is just kind of past Puyallup toward the mountain.
It was strange that situation that happened when I tried to attend a home group! God's mercy and protection was great. You have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

I second that "Amen" (So sweet! Thanks for sharing!)

Doug Spurling said...

amen. Your prayers are powerful, they'll change their lives.

a joyful noise said...

This was an exciting time to view the baptism of Grand-daughters and friends. Your prayer over them is awesome and may the continue to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus.

Linda Stoll said...

What a sweet, sweet victory day for you and your family! Great blessings on you all!

Linda