Monday, September 27, 2010

25th ANNIVERSARY, SEPTEMBER 21st


Oh, how we wanted to play and have a good time on that very special Tuesday. Not much could have been better.

However, nothing se
emed to be falling into place ... too many small needs of others and ourselves filled our plates. Our family issues kept us from trying to have a party or celebration. We managed to cram in six hours on Monday -- Dave canceled piano students, and his temp job wasn't on the schedule for that day, so we celebrated a day early.

My gift to Dave for us was having 2 CDs made with our main special songs -- 19 songs both for our relationship and our individual characters -- Dave's main personality song is "Roller Derby Queen" [which is NOT connected to his personality, but he's a Croce fan] and mine is "Old Time Rock and Roll" [which IS my personality, and I'm planning to have at my funeral]. Besides that, our wedding songs and other favorites, both Christian and secular, filled them. Our friend, Gary, put the CDs together for me, using 45s, albums, CDs and downloading a couple of them. It was a lot of fun to drive around in the sunny countryside for a couple of hours and listen to the songs. Riding, sharing, holding hands... thoroughly enjoyed.

Then we went to dinner in a restaurant at the Old Market in Omaha's downtown "tourism" area. And walked, and wandered through shops, and watched other walkers... it was a nice, NICE time together.

It doesn't even matter what kind of special event enters our life... it is simply a treat to have my dear husband
. He's such a treasure. And I've experienced support, even through many tough situations, some connected to life-in-general, and sometimes family uprisings, of one type or another -- and his support is amazing even though he is rarely connected to the original issue.

I just thought I'd pop in a few pho
tos, representing different anniversary trips.

The trip to Paris was a real surprise. We were returning from
Uganda after attending our son Sam's wedding. The slide across from England to France for a couple of days during our return was just a neat side-step and didn't cost much, as we were staying with acquaintances in an apt not far from downtown Paris and could even walk back from the Eiffel Tower. We would never have done it otherwise -- we like England, and it's always simply part of the layover, and we could allow those extra fun times.

[One of the special remembrances: after we left the Tower, we took a ride on the Seine. As we were moving along, I suddenly burst into tears. At first Dave was a bit concerned, but then I explained. I was so amazed, considering my childhood and adult background, I never would have imagined that I would be in that place. It was overwhelming. Dave has always felt especially blessed that he was able to bless me that way.]


Anyhow, I'm sure this post won't be particularly exciting, but still wanted to do it. The final photo was taken this weekend at church. The kiss matched the one at our wedding. [Don't anticipate a 50th anniversary, and if we somehow do make it that far, and I'm 90/Dave is 75, I'm not sure we can pull that same position... and neither of us are wanting to live that long; we're hoping for heaven before that!]

Here they are:



3 comments:

S. Etole said...

And blessings will overtake thee ... so glad for both of you.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary and many blessings to you both!

Beth said...

Great celebratory pictures. Good way to pay tribute.