Monday, June 15, 2015

"THE PRESENCE OF GOD"

498641    For several days the Lord had me re-reading a book I was given in Tacoma by a dear spiritual friend at her house when I was about 22, and she was about 35 then-- so I'll be 70 in about 3 weeks and she's about 83.
    I couldn't keep that official book  forever, because a few years later I gave it to someone who needed to know more of the Lord than I could explain.             Then, about 20 years later,  the same named book with entirely different picture, was given to me when men were using it at churches.  [And, I sure loved to see what seems to be Mount Rainier!] 
     I've read the book several, several times in all these years. Well, the Lord laid it on me again a week ago, and I read several pages a day when reading the Bible [Revelation, consistently several times again in other Bibles] and Daily Words. I finished "The Practice.." book today and some of what it ended with just grabbed my heart, soul, and spirit again. I sure look forward to seeing Brother Lawrence when I'm in heaven. He died Feb. 12, 1691, was 80 years old, and had come to the Lord when he was about 18. He had been used in practical working situations in Catholic housing areas ... dishes, food, going around to help ... and significant teaching to ones, too. He was in France as a monastery. He did MUCH, which he'd never expected God would use him to spread God's Word around. Anyhow, it's a blessing to read it. Very glad the Lord prodded it on me again a couple weeks ago. Hope you could see it, and through Amazon or other place, read it and rejoicing in our Lord.

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday


SUNDAY STILLNESS


Tell Me a Story

5 comments:

a joyful noise said...

Although I haven't read this particular book, I have heard many good reports about it. Opening your heart afresh to Jesus each day and asking Him to come in and sup with you is a good way to invite the presence of Jesus. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

Saleslady371 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saleslady371 said...

A good friend of mine read it. She is quite the intercessor and it energized her prayer life. So happy it ministers to you and blesses you!

Love,
Mary

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of it. But sounds like I need to! Glad you got to rediscover it. Isn't amazing how God gives back what we give in His service? Too cool...

Anonymous said...

I have heard of this book but have never read it. I look forward to sitting on the deck for a long visit and looking at the mountain on Saturday morning!