Friday, April 8, 2011

PHURBA

Just a quick bit to let you know that Phurba's surgery was yesterday. It went longer than anticipated. Began about 8:30 AM and the Dr. came to tell us the news at 7:00 PM... 3-1/2 hours later than originally planned.

He was on a respirator for last night, is in ICU, and I, to be honest, haven't had the energy to go down to the hospital today and haven't had any calls. I'll check it out tomorrow.

The Dr. wouldn't tell me much, b/c I'm not official family, of course, but he did indicate that he hoped all the parts of his brain tumor have been removed. I'm assuming it was branched out and about.

The results ... whether now an "infant" or different responses ... won't be known for sure for a small stretch of time while he has basic recovery.

I'll let you know when I know more. I hung out with his family [I'll post their photos next time I give an update, but don't have time right now] from 1:00 to the end. They all love their son, nephew, brother, uncle, and were praying for him in the side chapel that the Lord's hand would be on this. None speak English except Phurba's brother Bijay, so I wasn't always aware of conversation, but it was obvious they were committed to whatever is necessary for this stretch of time.

Again, thanks for your concern and care.


No comments: